Sunday, November 14, 2010

Felt Fish

I love this felt fishing set! I made 2 sets as gifts and then another 3 sets for friends who wanted to buy them. I am not officially selling them - it is not my pattern/idea.

Some things about making this - I would use half the dowel (which I did on the last 3), it's much easier for little ones to handle. Even if you go with the whole dowel, I would use half the amount of yarn suggested. With the velcro eyes, I bought sticky backed velcro which made it much easier to sew that little circle (which I only sewed a straight line through it, not around). My friend adjusted this pattern (after talking to me) by putting a magnet in the hook (it adds some needed weight to the end as well) and then sewing little washers for the eyes. I think, for a toddler, that the magnet option will lead to more fishing success. :)

Tutorial found here...
http://zitzmanfam.blogspot.com/2010/07/felt-fishing-set.html

No comments:

Post a Comment