Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ballerina Mobile

 Trying to not use Pinterest as a project hoarding place, and actually make some of the things I pin, I made this ballerina mobile for the girls room. Ella told me that she wanted "Ballerina's, Princesses and Mermaids in my fancy room." Okay, I can do my best and accommodate that. :)

The idea is found here. I went to the blog and it's not in English, so I will tell you step by step how I did it.

First I saved her images. Then I opened them in publisher and increased them to the size I liked. After printing them, I traced around the image with a pencil, flipped it over, placing it on cardstock and traced the image again (this transfers the pencil on the other side onto the cardstock). Using sharp scissors, I cut the ballerina's out.

Since our ceiling is white, I wanted the snowflake tutu's to be in color. I used scrapbook paper scraps and cut out 3 snowflakes, using the six sided snowflake method.

I tied a strand of thread around their wrists and then just taped them to the ceiling at alternating lengths.




Ella laid in bed the first night and just giggled at watching them twirl in the breeze from the ceiling fan. The best possible outcome from this project!

*The tape is only visible thanks to my flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment