Monday, May 2, 2011

Garage Door Make-over

I love the chalkboard refrigerator on Disney's show Good Luck Charlie. They use it like a calendar, with the weeks events on it. I love the colors, the attempt at organizing a large family, just everything about it.





Our interior garage door is the main door for our family. It also is a fire door, which means its magnetic. The door was a dingy off white, that attracted all sorts of dirt. To the right of the door is a small closet that is currently getting a make-over as well.

Since Andy and Luke leave before I get up in the morning, and go to bed before I do, I thought the chalkboard idea was the perfect one for this space and gives me a chance to get last minute reminders across. Andy is not so sure. Oh well, if we don't like it after a while, it can always be painted again. :)






Of course, I would get this done last night and draw on it today (although I think I was supposed to wait 3 days? Oops), when Luke is gone for the week and I really don't have anything to schedule.




I was able to pick up the primer and chalkboard paint off of freecycle, which makes this an even better project!




No comments:

Post a Comment