Saturday, May 7, 2011

Upcycled Milk Jug

Browsing Pinterest I came across this project. I was itching to make something and this seemed like the perfect instant gratification project.

And it is.


One Gallon Milk Jug from our recycling



Turned into a reusable sandwich container



Here it is opened.








I outlined my cutting lines in Sharpie, thinking it would wipe off the plastic. Not so much. So, to cover my lines, I doodled and colored all over it (again, with a Sharpie). Pretty sure its not waterproof, but I would just need to wipe out the inside anyways. Plus, I think it looks way cooler now. Ella does too - she has already claimed it for her sandwiches.




I am going to make another one and put some cookies in it for my secret sister. Coloring on it with a Sharpie makes it so easy for gift giving - you can customize it for any celebration!

2 comments: