Sunday, February 19, 2012

Another Fabric house

I love UK Lass's little fabric house. I especially love browsing her flickr group and seeing all the wonderful houses others have made. There is one that is made of felt and everything about it makes me happy. So, when I got a 4 year old girl in our Secret Santa exchange, I knew exactly what I was going to make her. This is inspired greatly by Jenn White's felt house in the UK Lass's flickr group.













The little girl received the Calico Critters Buttercup Kitten Twins to go in this little nursery. Here I used our Calico Critters Elwood Elephant Twins just to give you an idea of scale.

I loved this construction process so much more then the other houses. This time I pre-embellished all the house parts, and then assembled. The blanket stitch assembly was a little tricky, but would be easier to do the next time I go around, now that I have done it once.

Ultimately, I think I just really like embroidery. It is very satisfying to me to hold something dainty in my hands and make something that looks so charming.

I can't decide what part I like the best, the stone path, the bunting, or the bluebirds on the fence. It was difficult giving this one away.

4 comments:

  1. Tis is adorable! I am in love with the bunting <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stiffens the side and roof panels or is it completely soft? I'd like to do this a red barn for my toddler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house "frame" is made from the plastic grid sheets you can use for needlework. Then wrapped with a layer of batting.

      Delete