Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mudroom Work in Progress

 This is a stock picture of the changing table/dresser I had in Ella's room. It didn't survive the move across the country very well and when I picked up a new dresser from freecycle, I started taking this one apart to salvage screws, etc before tossing it.


 Ella wanted to help so, after I took the bottom off, I turned it upside down and let her have at it with the screwdriver. I stepped away and noticed this...

 It looks just like a bench! And that had me curious. I already had stripped the doors off an unused closet next to the garage door and painted it (bright!) green. I was going to put a chair in there, but I wondered if the bench would work? I took measurements, and it was a perfect fit! It wasn't a perfect install though. I had to take it apart and reassemble it in the closet.

So now I have the old dresser being used as a bench/shoe cubby in our new mudroom closet. The hall is tight, so it is really hard to get a good picture. I need to make a cushion still, and I might frame it in with molding. I am still unsure about that part though.

I love it when something can be used in a new way!

No comments:

Post a Comment