Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Faux Chenille Stroller Blanket

We recently purchased a double stroller, and even though there are fun colors coming out soon, we needed the stroller now. So, we bought a plain black one. Combining my need to brighten it up and the girls need to have a blanket that didn't fall down under the wheels, I made a faux chenille stroller blanket.

I used this tutorial for guidance...
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-faux-chenille-blanket.html

And then just winged it with making a ruffle edge, and then added ribbon ties to keep the blanket in place on the stroller.


One side is corduroy and the other is 4 layers of flannel



I made this one for Ella, and I have enough to make one for Thea. But, just one blanket covers the whole thing. Well, I guess that means with 2, they will be all snuggled in. :)






I tied the ribbon through the straps harness.

One side tied, the other untied.

The dog always tries to get in the picture too. :)
When I make the second one, I will show how I did the ruffle binding

1 comment:

  1. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks  for all of your time & work. 
    see here

    ReplyDelete