Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Easter Bonnet

There was a local Easter parade that had an Easter bonnet competition. Ever the one to jump on board with the opportunity to put something ridiculous on my childs head, I was pretty excited! :)



I had never made a bonnet before, and I was trying to stick with what I had on hand. This bonnet is made from white felt. I embellished it with 2 coffee filter roses, some little white silk flowers, embroidery and ribbon.

I should have taken a picture of of the bonnet not on her head, so I could show the detail better, but oh well. I used my Making Memories hole punch/eyelet setter to punch holes in the scallop edges of the bonnet. I layed pink ribbon underneath to show through the holes. I also trimmed the scallop edges with pink floss, in a blanket stitch. I was trying to make it so the detail showed up better then white on white.


You can't really see the little white silk flowers, but I put them on to help hide the stems on the roses.
Watching the parade with her big brother.


And with Grandma. :)
Unfortunately, we only got an honorable mention, but based on the number of people who stopped to comment on her bonnet before/during and after the parade - I would say that it was a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment