Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tap, tap, tap. Is this thing on?

Wow. So, excuse, excuse, excuse. And, excuse. Now that that is out of the way, I think I am going to start posting again. I am not great at it, and I am definitely not a photographer. Posting my finished projects feels like a giant check mark on my never ending to do list, and I like check marks. Heck, I even put things on my to do list that I have already done just so I can check them off.

I need to work on saying "No". I think the hard part is that I can really do what ever is asked of me, so I say yes and then all of a sudden I am sewing 9 Munchkin tutu's for the Wizard of Oz, a fireball for the Wizard of Oz, making meatballs and dessert for dinner for my sons Rugby team (and the opposing team), sewing the straps on 7 ballet dresses, hosting the preschool Mother's Day Tea and helping with the preschool Family Fun Night. I might be insane.

Here are some pictures of completed projects (or almost completed. I count quilt tops as completed even though they haven't been quilted yet).

A fabulous tutu. Pattern from Princess Averie's Tutu's. http://www.etsy.com/shop/PrincessAveriesTutus 

A Summer outfit made from 2 pillowcases.


A "Minnie Mouse" Summer dress. I used the Sydney Pinafore tutorial. http://www.sewmamasew.com/2013/03/the-sydney-pinafore/ I found it to run a little big.



 Coming home outfit for our newest little one. Pattern is a vintage simplicity day gown and crochet booties.

Felt flower headbands for the Ren Faire.


 Crochet toe sandals


A flower headband.

Minnie Mouse Halloween costume. I just winged it and it was far from perfect. I was pregnant with Ana and sitting upright for any amount of time equaled me hugging the toilet.

Party treats for Thea's preschool friends


Shirts for photo's. McCall's pattern 2025 I think?

 Photo's by Stevie B. Photography. https://stevieb.photography

A Stocking for Thea.

More projects to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment